Specializing in sports and entertainment photography, digital media and video production.
[Best_Wordpress_Gallery id=”20″ gal_title=”All images”]
- Fashion, lifestyle, fitness, social media, couples, engagements, senior, graduation sessions
- $199 Weekdays (Monday – Thursday)
- $299 Weekends (Friday – Sunday)* limited availability
- Outdoor on-location “Golden Hour” photoshoot typically beginning around 5:30 pm
- 1.5-hour photo session
- 20 of the best digital images are selected and professionally edited and retouched using the Michael Lark Photography Signature Edit™
- Please note: Digital negatives are not provided for Portrait shoots
- Three maximum outfit changes
- 7-10 day turnaround time (24-hour turnaround available for an additional $79)
- Requires $25 deposit to secure a date
- Packages starting at $350 for weekday events
- Two-hour minimum
- Requires $50 deposit to secure a date
- Edited and slightly retouched digital images on deliverables
- A link with access to all low-resolution digital watermarked proofs
- 24-48 hour turnaround time
- Engagement sessions
- Bridal sessions
- After sessions
- Professional editing
- Video coverage
- Email for pricing!
- Email for more info!
- Consultation required
- Rates vary depending on the goal, scope, equipment, location, product, number of people, turnaround time, video length, etc.
- Email for more info!
In 2013, I began building my personal brand on social media (Twitter/Instagram) as a go-to for news, rumors, insights and commentary on the Dallas Mavericks and Dallas Cowboys, as well as other professional sports, teams, and players.
MavsFanatic.com brought me on as a staff writer and social media coordinator in May 2014, partnering with Ryan Wilson as co-owner of the site. Together we built a powerhouse team of writers, reporters, designers, podcasters, photographers, and videographers.
In the summer of 2017, Mavs Fanatic transformed into Dallas Sports Fanatic, a credentialed media organization covering all Dallas-area college and professional sports, including the Dallas Mavericks, Dallas Stars, Texas Rangers, Dallas Wings, FC Dallas, Texas Legends, Texas Revolution, Dallas Rattlers, and the University of Texas at Arlington, University of North Texas, SMU and TCU football and basketball. In just over a year and a half we became credentialed covering over 15 different teams in addition to several different events. DSF also provides coverage of the Dallas Cowboys.
In the summer of 2017, I also started my own freelance company, Michael Lark Photography, where I specialize in sports and entertainment photography, digital media and video production.
As a freelancer, I’ve covered the 2017 Byron Nelson, 2017 Colonial Invitational, 2018 Cotton Bowl, 2018 MLB All-Star Game, and 2018 NFL Draft. I served as a photographer and social media manager for Star Sports Tours, the official travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys for two years. I have freelanced for the Big 12 Conference, FC Dallas, Seattle Sounders, Houston Dynamo, Dallas Mavericks, Allen Americans Ice Angels, Frisco Fighters, Texas Lonestars and Texas Rangers, as well as other media outlets including the Dallas Weekly, Blitz Weekly, News4UsOnline, fi360News, Star Sports Tours, Cowboys Experience, and D201TV.
I’ve shot several charity events including Dirk Nowitzki’s Hero’s Celebrity Baseball Game, Ron Spring’s Brotherhood 4 Good, and Dallas Cowboys’ Travis Frederick’s Blocking Out Hunger Foundation. I’ve conducted over 100 private photoshoots and have even shot with NBA and NFL players, Dallas Mavericks Dancers, and Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders, as well as private portrait shoots, live events, and weddings.
In 2019, I served as the official photographer for the Dallas Sidekicks, Dallas Sidekicks Dancers, and Allen Ice Angels. Additionally, I shot the swimsuit calendars for the 2019 Dallas Sidekicks Dancers and the 2019 Allen Ice Angels. In April 2019, I became the sole owner and CEO of Dallas Sports Fanatic.
Additionally, I currently hold a full-time job as an operations analyst for the Fire Department. received my Bachelor of Arts in Interdisciplinary Studies with a concentration in Business and Information Systems in 2008 and a Master of Public Administration from the University of Texas at Arlington in 2011.
- Q: How far in advance should I schedule my session?
- A: If you think you may be interested in a session, email as soon as possible. Scheduling is typically 2-3 weeks in advance.
- Q: What time do most session occur?
- A: Most outdoor portrait sessions begin a couple of hours before sundown, so typically around 7 pm in the spring/summer and 6 pm in the fall/winter.
- Q: How do you handle payment?
- A: All shoots require a 30% non-refundable deposit. The remaining balance can be made in cash, Venmo or PayPal on the day of the shoot.
- Q: Do you print images?
- A: Unfortunately, we do not print images but provide digital links to all the images for printing at your preferred location.
- Q: What is your refund policy?
- A: It is my goal at Michael Lark Photography to ensure you are satisfied with your purchases. In the case of camera failure, inclement weather, or any other unforeseen incident that prevents Michael Lark Photography from shooting on the scheduled date the client will get a full refund of their deposit if applicable. No refund will be given under any circumstances if you fail to attend the session on the day scheduled. Due to the nature of digital photography and the fact that photographs, once sent, cannot be returned; Michael Lark Photography has a strict NO REFUNDS POLICY. Once a transaction has been completed (i.e., the buyer selected and paid for the photo and then Michael Lark Photography sent the buyer the correct photograph) it is then considered non-refundable.